What is Filtersorb?
Filtersorb SP3 Media uses advanced, proven salt-free technology to remove scale from incoming and existing plumbing fixtures. Next Generation Filtersorb uses a new salt-free water technology called Nucleation Assisted Crystallization (NAC) .
Filtersorb SP3 NAC water technology is the Next Generation in Template Assisted Crystallization (TAC) water technology. TAC technology outperformed all other salt-free alternatives available in a study by the University of Arizona.
Filtersorb SP3 NAC transforms calcium and magnesium minerals in your water into harmless “Nano” crystal particles. These “nano” crystal particles don’t attach to fixtures, pipes, valves, or heating elements.
- 99% Scale Prevention
- Doesn’t add harmful minerals or chemicals
- No Pharmaceuticals
- No Chlorine
- No maintenance
- No salt costs
- No Electricity
- No salt storage costs
- No movable parts
- No electricity
- No chemicals
- No regeneration
- No bacteria growth
- Little space requirements
- Low installation effort
- Saves energy cost
- Cost savings due to less repair of washing – rinsing, -, ice, – and coffee-machines
- 50% savings of detergents
- No repair costs for corroded pipes and heat exchangers
- No costs due to the replacement of shower heads with scale
- Extend life of household appliances
- Advantageous beauty effects for hair and skin
What Does Filtersorb do?
- Removes existing scale from pipes & heat exchanger surfaces such as water heaters, dishwashers, coffee pots, etc.
- Based on new advanced technology tested and proven effective by the University of Arizona
- Doesn’t require a drain
- Doesn’t waste any water from rejection
- Leaves healthy minerals such as calcium and magnesium in water while providing a soft water experience
Filtersorb SP filter media to first removes the already existing scale from pipes and heat exchanger surfaces (descaling effect) and further protects the system from future formation of scale (scale protection effect).
Filtersorb SP is based on a completely new technology. In this process the chemical structure of scale forming minerals is changed. This technology is so effective that it requires a contact time of only seconds. The media is used in an up flow system, therefore only an in-out head is needed. The media transforms the dissolved calcium carbonate (temporary hardness) into non-charged, neutral chemical bonds.
These bonds are completely stable and cannot attach to any surfaces. The chemical bonds are rinsed away by the water flow. The size of the bonds is so small (in the range of nano-meters) that they can only be seen with a microscope. Therefore the effect is the same as if the water was free of temporary hardness (calcium carbonate). The chemical structures are heat resistant and do not fall apart.
The media is used to clean pipes from already existing scale and to protect pipes and hardware from scale. Tests with commercial coffee machines showed that those with Filtersorb SP Hardness Stabilizer protection were much cleaner after a short time of use than the control systems which were cleaned monthly. Filtersorb SP works great in front of RO membranes. It keeps these membranes from clogging with calcium-carbonate.